Friday, October 14, 2011

What Is Business If You Can't Have Fun?

What is business if you can have fun with it? What is an idea if you never move forth? The idea of business has been something to move forward with in my book. That's why The Turf Byrd's are in existence today. It has all been about follow through. Isn't that what business is all about in the first place following through with what you said you are going to do?

Maybe this has taken thirty years for me to come up with the balls to actually follow through on this idea, but that is what I have done after affirming from others this is a worthwhile idea to aspire toward. The Turf Byrd's could may very well be a household name and a favorite for years to come in the novelty industry. Some people say to me stuff like, your going to be a millionaire aren't you? That is just one of saying's I have received from showing off my creation called The Turf Byrd's.

Kids love'em, adults love'em, and even older adults love'em too. I have specific orders for a certain color or one without glasses. One time I had a lady request a Turf Byrd that looks like a lady bug. So I designed and sold a lady bug Turf Byrd for seven dollars. People do buy the strangest crap and I have designed some of the strangest crap on the internet for people to buy. The Turf Byrd's are all about attitude!

One thing for sure is that I would not have gotten this far if it wasn't for all of the support I have received from my family and friends. My confidence at selling crap has swelled to say the least. To be real honest if I can sell crap that makes people smile then I could probably sell someone ocean front property in Arizona. I have been told that before too. It surprises me at some of the stuff I have sold over the years of my life. I believe that it all started when I was a paperboy for the Oregonian and Daily Journal Newspaper routes. I would always be out getting new starts, collecting money, and selling paper tubes. I was one of those paperboy's that won trips to California's Disneyland and San Francisco. I even got my name in the newspaper as paperboy of the year and ate at the Benson Hotel with Bob Packwood and Mark Hatfield. I had no idea how important that really was at the time but being recognized as a paperboy is a really rare thing, let alone being named the paperboy of the year. For what it is worth, Thanks for your support.

www.theturfbyrds.com  

I have inserted this link that will direct you to The Turf Byrd's web store if you are interested in making a purchase of one of these cow pie cuties. Enjoy! Again Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment